Sunday, July 2, 2023

Missing my dog.

I've been stuck on St. Croix for work since June 20th. We're installing new equipment in classrooms for the University of the Virgin islands. It's at least going well, and ahead of schedule. But even if we finish early, we don't fly out til the 9th.

And because noone else wanted to do it, I volunteered to go right back to do the other island, St. Thomas, two weeks after we get back. That'll be two more weeks.

I haven't seen my family in a long time. It's wearing down on me. 

Amanda put Teddy down. I'm still heartbroken that I wasn't able to be there when they did it. But he was having seizures again, and lost his hearing, and his vision was going.

I'll post a picture whenever I figure out how here. 





He looked so old and Grey, and beat up by allergies and chewing on himself constantly. But he was only 11 years old. He should have had a few years left. Amanda suspects whatever crap they are putting in dog food these days shortened his life span. 

We used to make his food, but then that became too unfeasible with limited storage on a boat. If we decide to get another dog someday, I think we should pay the expense for homemade food. Both Traffic and Teddy did much better on it. 

I tried to tell Michael over the phone that at least he had a good life with us. We kept him safe, fed, and noone else ever got to hurt him or beat him or run him over. He never got lost, or picked up by the pound wondering where we were. He stayed by our side and protected us. Now he can get some rest.

His ashes are already back, but with Amanda traveling and me traveling, I won't be able to pick him up for another week.

Being poor sucks. 

I found a little two story house in Kanazawa with a storefront for the first floor, and a few rooms upstairs. Beautiful location. Walking distance to a massive park, and a historic castle, and a bike ride away from the sea of Japan. It's nearly a perfect example of a dream house to live in, just no yard for chickens. 

So it's close. It's something to model the continuing search. 

I got my ticket to back to Japan on November 3rd for 10 days. I just want to go and stay at capsule hotels and walk around, exploring at my whim. I'm debating about taking the time to go to Kanazawa, and look at houses, but considering A.) I have no money, and B.) no job in Japan, yet.. Maybe it's best to just treat this as a much needed personal vacation to where I'm desperate to go home to. 

Still planning. I want to explore Tokyo for a day. Go back to Yokosuka, but stopping in Yokohama on the way and visiting China Town and the Gundam factory.

Then possibly taking a bullet train to Kyoto and Nara for a couple of days. 

I want to see Nikko, which I can do before I leave when I head back to Tokyo. 

Hopefully, I can reach out to Tokyo Explorer and see if we can get coffee or something. He's been a good dude. It'd be nice to meet him after these past couple of years. 

I probably would have time to go to Ishikawa or the Kanazawa area. 

I also want to cycle around Lake Kawaguchi, and maybe spread some of Teddy, and Calvin's ashes there if I can take them on the plane. 

I'd bring my dad's, but I need a death certificate and proof of cremation or something, and that's paperwork I will not be able to ask for. 

I might break and ask my sister to see if she can aquire it for me. 

I just feel no love from most of my family these days. Anyone not my wife and kids, at least. I'm leary about talking to anyone. I'm resentful and feel extremely used by my cousin. And my who dad's side of the family is just... selfish and gaslighting. I don't know why I'm surprised.

I'm getting fat. I noticed today. Maybe it's because I've been on the islands for almost two weeks, and haven't been walking literally every day like I usually do. 

So this morning, I did sit-ups, and I struggled to do 10 of them. Holy crap, I'm out of shape suddenly. Push-ups went better. 

I then walked down the road to see if I could get to the coast, but the road dead ends, so I turned around and it curves back up the hill. So the only way down is to take the road we drive up, and that's quite a trek to take on foot. I walked for a good 45 minutes, though and it was quite the sweaty workout as it was. So at least one day back on schedule for Fitness. 

I ate better today, also. Only one cup of coffee, no soda, mostly rice and shrimp one of the guy made for lunch. 

I miss Salmon rolls. 

When I get back, I plan to go to the Thai restaurant and get some. And a Sapporo beer. 

Then, if I get the next day off, go back to the park in the early morning, and then to Morikami Japanese Gardens and renew my membership. 

Gotta start planning on how to make some videos for my trip to Japan, and those two places will bookend my trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment